[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging - whats it all about

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 12:05:39 EST 2005

On 11/29/05, Ben Edwards <funkytwig at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have found a few references to commercial flagging and its got me
> interested.  I cant however find mutch info on it.  I guess my first
> question is how well douse it work and also how doues it work but a
> general page on it world be good.

i find that it works very well for most shows that i watch.  you set
it up in mythtv-setup (which can be done at any time from the cmd
prompt).  i typically choose the 'ALL' method for flagging, but there
are a couple other choices.  you may need to play with these depending
where in the world you are.  i currently do not allow Myth to
auto-skip for me, nor do i have it notify me (anymore).  i just hit
the skip button when i notice a commercial.  use the 'notify'
selection to test how well it works for you.  some shows work spot on
while others get a few false positives on occassions.  on show that
does not work at all for me is 'Lost', but the skip forward works
great for that.  most shows work very well.