[mythtv-users] Re: No audio after transcode on PVR-350

Ant Daniel antdaniel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 04:43:15 EST 2005

On 29/11/05, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> Quick update on this.. I just tried playing with some transcoding
> settings with no luck getting them to play through the PVR-350.
> However, I had no problem playing them on my OS X front end. So I
> guess the question is this: Is there a way to reduce the size of
> video (lower the bitrate on the video/audio), but leave it in mpeg2
> format (that my PVR-350 TV-out requires) and still have myth
> automatically do it when I tell it to transcode?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad
>

> On Nov 15, 2005, at 9:28 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
> > Sorry if this has been discussed (I have a feeling it has), but I
> > wasn't able to find anything about it either on the list or elsewhere.
> >
> > I'm using my TV-Out (video and audio) on my PVR-350 (no display,
> > just TV). Everything works perfectly (X, LiveTV, Recorded programs,
> > Music through my old Soundblaster card), but when I transcode I get
> > video, no audio. I've tried uncompressed audio and mp3 compression
> > with the same results. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Brad

Once the file format is changed, the sound is no longer piped out of
the TVOut port on the PVR-350, instead it comes out of the soundcard.

The usual way people solve this without having to swap inputs is to
loop the PVR TVOut into the soundcard input, and then always take the
audio from soundcard out.

Ant.