[mythtv-users] Infra-red Remote as keyboard

Richard Smith rick_t_smith at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 04:01:51 EST 2005

Paul Andreassen wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 07:54 pm, Richard Smith wrote:
>

>>I have a USB infra-red which presents itself to the system as a keyboard
>>/ mouse (it's from the Twinhan DVB card package).
>>
>>Connecting everything up gives me some control over mythtv from the
>>remote but, not suprisingly I need to do some key re-mapping.  My
>>problem is in knowing how to make setkeycodes work with this remote.  I
>>can change the keyboard mappings on the PS/2 connected keyboard but
>>nothing I do seems to affect the remote.
>>
>>Can anyone give me a pointer?  Has anyone already solved this particular
>>problem?
>>

>>Rick
>>

>I've written a binary patch which changes the keymaping for usb keyboards so
>the TwinHan VisionPlus DVB-T card remote better matches MythTV.
>
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=7787;list=mythtv
>
>Paul

Michael's solution of keymapping is fine if the codes generated by the
remote match existing keycodes known to Myth (or rather,QT I believe).
The Twinhan doesn't.  I presume that's why you did your patch Paul. I
did come accross that in my googling, but I stumbled when I found I did
not have a usbhid module:

$ ls /lib/modules/2.6.12-1.1372_FC3/kernel/drivers/usb/input/
aiptek.ko      kbtab.ko      powermate.ko    wacom.ko
ati_remote.ko  mtouchusb.ko  touchkitusb.ko  xpad.ko

Rick