[mythtv-users] master & slave backend - tuner on master to have absolute priority and how to setup ?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Nov 27 10:32:26 EST 2005

Robert Rozman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have master backend with pvr 350 with analog antenna. I've recently
> added salve backend (Asus Digimatrix) with built in bttv capture card
> with same antenna signal:
>
> - slave backend is not on all the time (it's mainly used for frontend)...
> - I'd like to record always first on master tuner and then on slave tuner
> - I'm not sure how to configure channels (they are same for both cards
> - same antenna is connected) - I do have problems cause defining same
> channels on both obviously doesn't work...
>
> I'd kindly ask for any help or pointers to more info how to setup such
> system... I've read howto, but didn't extract such info..

It should be straightforward.  First, make sure you are using the *same*
database for both the slave and master backends.  This is a common
mistake to create a new database that the slave uses.  Once you have
this set up, adding the slave capture card and binding the same channel
source you created for the first capture card to the new capture card
will allow both to schedule for the same channels without any additional
work.  As long as the slave is on, it will be available for recordings.
Because it was added second to your database, it will naturally be of a
lower priority than the first card.

Kevin

--
Looking for affordable webhosting?  http://www.sitecity.net