[mythtv-users] HELP: No TV after hw install of HD3000 (w/ PVR250 and FC4)

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 18:26:59 EST 2005

R. Geoffrey Newbury wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:00:16 -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
>

>>I now have no livetv. I checked recent recordings and there are no files
>>of recent recordings. So, I assume that the tuner is not being
>>recognized because of the HD3000 just placed in the pc.
>>
>>I checked modprobe.conf and cx88-blackbird was installed above the ivtv
>>driver automatically after the first reboot. So, I ran the "extras" from
>>pcHDTV site which installed: cx88-atsc, cx88-dvb and cx88-risc in
>>modprobe.conf.
>>

>I remember reading, and my setup, has the ivtv driver first (video0 and
>video1), followed by whatever cx88* drivers.

thanks Geoff. I remember your msg and I tried that. That didn't seem to
change anything.
While I couldn't find anything that indicated what /dev the PVR-250 is,
I went ahead and changed the HD3000 to video0 and the PVR-250 to video1.
That worked. Now I have live TV.

I also changed the HD3000 to terrestrial input (physical RG6) and
commented all of the cx88's except the cx88-atsc. Fooling around, I
unplugged my antenna and plunged in the cable to the HD3000 (note, that
I'm not even looking at the HD3000). I commented out all of the cx88
entries except cx88-atsc. That resulted in  large blocks at the top of
the picture that flashed.

Fooling around some more, I uncommented all except cx88-dvb in
modprobe.conf and that seemed to get rid of the large B&W blocks.
Note again, that I'm only looking at the PVR-250 input.

There must be a connection between having cx88-atsc and ivtv. But, I
don't know why that would be.
With cx88-dvb and ivtv co-habitating, it doesn't seem to be the problem.

Now, I just need to know how I can get the HD3000 working. And, how I
can view LiveTV with HD3000 with the PVR-250 in -- I don't even know if
there is a way that you can pick which tuner to view live TV.

Also, I like to switch to terrestrial ATSC instead of cable at some
point. Don't know how to do that -- I certainly don't want the B&W boxes
back!

>If you use cx88_dvb + blackbird, the card should show up at
>/dev/dvb/adapter0
>If you use cx8800 the card would be (was for me, when I tried it) at
>/dev/video2  (NTSC...) I haven't tried the cx88-atsc but I presume that it
>could easily show up at /dev/video32..

hmmm... I'll try that.
Do you NEED to also load blackbird?
Where is cx8800 located?