[mythtv-users] HELP: No TV after hw install of HD3000 (w/ PVR250 and FC4)

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Nov 25 17:59:54 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:00:16 -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
>I now have no livetv. I checked recent recordings and there are no files
>of recent recordings. So, I assume that the tuner is not being
>recognized because of the HD3000 just placed in the pc.
>
>I checked modprobe.conf and cx88-blackbird was installed above the ivtv
>driver automatically after the first reboot. So, I ran the "extras" from
>pcHDTV site which installed: cx88-atsc, cx88-dvb and cx88-risc in
>modprobe.conf.

I remember reading, and my setup, has the ivtv driver first (video0 and
video1), followed by whatever cx88* drivers.

If you use cx88_dvb + blackbird, the card should show up at
/dev/dvb/adapter0
If you use cx8800 the card would be (was for me, when I tried it) at
/dev/video2  (NTSC...) I haven't tried the cx88-atsc but I presume that it
could easily show up at /dev/video32..

Geoff
R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638