[mythtv-users] Running Mythtv-setup without X

Johnathon Meichtry johnathon-dev at meichtry.org
Fri Nov 25 17:27:21 EST 2005

You don't need to have X installed on your backend.  I don't on mine.  What
you need is an X server on your PC such as Xmanager from NetSarang
(www.xmanager.com for 30 day free trial) and combine is with SSH with X
forwarding.

When you configure xstart to connect to the MBE choose ssh and an execution
command of "/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -ls -display $DISPLAY".  You will then get
a little xterm terminal window and in that you can run mythtv-setup.  It
takes a while to load over wifi network but it works fine.

Johnathon