[mythtv-users] Re: Hauppauge PVR-250 and PCHDTV-3000 with2.6.14.2 kernel

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Nov 25 09:45:57 EST 2005

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:21:16 -0700, James C. Dastrup wrote:

>>So are you saying that the PCHDTV-3000 will not work with the 150 or 500
>>cards? I currently have that as my hardware setup and was looking to
>>setup the PCHDTV-3000 within the next few weeks. Now I'm not sure if it
>>is worth the effort. I don't want to break what I have, my wife wont
>>forgive me if I do that.
>
>I have a HD-3000 and PVR-150 working just fine together.
>Kernel DVB drivers (2.6.13) for the HD-3000 (module cx88-dvb)
>ivtv 0.3.7 for the 150.
>Ignoring the ivtv instructions, I didn't not replace or overwrite any files,
>or do anything except a simple compile and install.
>As long as I load the 150 first, the cx88-dvb driver loads just fine.

I am working on getting my HDTV3000 working on cable. Not quite there yet
but I know of at least one other person who has this working. My problems
relate to the mysql setup as information has to be poked into the tables.

My PVR500 works fine, *using the kernel version tveeprom*. My HDTV3000
receives using azap and plays back (with sound) using mplayer. Just
haven't got the mysql table entries correct for QAM256. (Not enough time
for playing around!)

The trick is that the ivtv code has been adjusted in the recent past to
work with the kernel (pcHDTZV) version of tveeprom.
So the recommended line of "alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv" seen in some
how-to's is now obsolete. That line forced the system  to use the ivtv
version which *was* necessary, but is no longer.

There has probably been even further code integration in ivtv .5.

Use the cx88-dvb module. The card shows up at /dev/dvb/adapterx. The
PVR500 shows up at /dev/video1(2).

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638