[mythtv-users] need hardware advice

David O daveo78 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 09:04:58 EST 2005

I'm new to myth myself, and like you am getting all my hardware togeather.  Your hardware list is'nt bad but here are a few sugestions.
1. Get a motherboard and a seperate video card.
    I say this only because you'll be sharing your RAM with your onboard video(9100 IGP) which will reduce your total RAM by anywhere from 64-256MB depending on how much you allocate.

1.b. DONT USE ATI!!!!  I really liked ATI before my switch to linux bit Nvidia just seems to have more support.  I have a 9800PRO and will be swapping that for something Nvidia(probobly a 6600GT)
    I have an ASUS A7N8X-E that I will be using.  It comes with everything you'll need and it's only about 55$.
2. Last but not least, more RAM and HD space.  For only about 30$ more you can triple your HD space if you look for deals.  Check out:
www.techbargains.com.
Or
www.dealnews.com
for all the good daily deals.