[mythtv-users] native resolution vs 1080i for HDTV and SD on 1280x768 lcd?

Dan Christian dac at x.cx
Wed Nov 23 20:15:42 EST 2005

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 02:55 pm, Steve Adeff wrote:
> > > Have you fed a 1080i signal to your TV with another device?
> >
> > No, I don't.  That would be very usefull, but all the possible options
> > are $300+.  I don't feel like throwing more money at the problem right
> > now.
> true, I just thought maybe your TV doesn't like 1080i inputs, this would
> close that path of possibilities.
> What TV model is it?

I have a 37in CRT type Panasonic, and a 52in CRT rear projection Sony.  Both
are pretty new.  Both claim to accept 1080i.

The Sony is happy with 720p from the 6600Gt.  The Sony displays 1080i from its
internal tuner just fine.

The Panasonic can do 540p but not 720p. The Panasonic was supposed to be
driven from my HD-3000 based PVR, but I never got the tuner to work with over
the air signals.  I find 540p to be useless for anything but standard def TV.

-Dan