[mythtv-users] Capturing 5.1 audio

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 20:10:14 EST 2005

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 19:59, Bob wrote:
> I hadn't realised that DRM was quite such a "clear and present danger"
> as you 'merkins would say, someone in a non DMCA'd country needs to look
> for a way round this DTCP stuff.

For the people by the corporations....
the world will collapse into a black hole if the 'murican media companies are
forced to enter the late 20th early 21st century, or so our government has
brainwashed 51%+ of our population to believe....

> Got to say though, here in Manila the piracy is so prevalent and so
> cheep that the legitimate video rental firms have all gone out of
> business, I can't hire most movies as the copy in my rental store is
> rubbish quality that look crap on my projector.

but damn is it cheap!

> I strikes me that content does need some protection but not at the
> expense of "fair use" the current laws and protections are an over
> reaction.

private business, they can do what they want. I don't care until they convince
some stupid government officials to imprison people who try to get around
them. I didn't submit my will (well, I never did, I was forced to at gun
point) to allow some media company to decide that they're business should be
more protected than me....

Steve