[mythtv-users] nonlinear 16:9 stretch?

coquet at gmail.com coquet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 13:34:46 EST 2005


I currently have my mythfrontend connected to a 30" 16:9 HDTV via s-video.
I'd like to use the compontent inputs on the TV using a a VGA->component
transcoder (Audio Authority 9A60) to get a higer resolultion GUI and better
picture quality. The only concern I have is the 16:9 stretch mode that
MythTV has.

Currently I use the built in stretch mode on my TV to stretch 4:3 to 16:9.
It does a nonlinear stretch so the edges of the picture are stretched more
than the middle. Windows MCE has this feature too.

Before I burn an evening mucking with a working X config, i'd like to know
if MythTV do this also, or does it stretch the entire picture evenly?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20051121/9a66387f/attachment.htm


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list