[mythtv-users] OT: Need help diagnosing backend hardware failure

Darren Richards darren.richards at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 23:25:52 EST 2005

Thanks everyone for the advice.  I was able to dig into it this
evening, and one of my hard drives bit the dust.  It seems to be
drawing too much current, which causes the power supply to shut itself
down.

Those hard drives have been spinning 24/7 for a couple years now.  I
figured they'd give out sooner or later, but I was hoping for later.
This drive (a maxtor 250gb) only lasted two years...  I guess it's an
excuse to upgrade.  I found a great deal on newegg on a Western
Digital 400GB hard drive.  $157 after rebates.  (one rebate is
"hidden", and doesn't show up until you check out.  You can either
choose a $20 refund or a 1 year subscription to pc magazine.)

thanks,
darren