[mythtv-users] Mythburn hosed my /video directory

Joshua Fechner phekno at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 13:21:06 EST 2005

I had about 15GB of video in my /video directory and wanted to try burning
some of it onto DVD. I got mythburn and haphazardly ran the install script.
I told it to use my /video directory for temporary storage of files. When I
went to run mythburn over the web it seemed to work fine. On looking at my
system, however, I noticed that the /video directory was now empty and the
owner of the directory had changed to apache (who I had entered as the owner
of httpd in the install script. Now when I go to the "Recorded Programs"
page on MythWeb it still shows all of the shows that were recorded. I have
tried deleting them but they won't go away. Obviously I did something wrong
but I don't know what. I could care less that my shows are not there anymore
but I'm concerned that my system won't work correctly now. Has anyone had
any problems like this? What did I do wrong?
 Thanks in advance,
Phekno