[mythtv-users] red_eye remote woes

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Nov 16 08:30:34 EST 2005

Around about 15/11/05 21:12, lischka typed ...
> However, I'm not quite home yet, when I send a channel change like 531 only
> the first digit gets thru.  If I up tha UART to 16750 or above then the first
> 2 chars get thru.

   You may need to increase the timeout;  the uinit's powered from the serial
port only while the device is open, so if it exits early, the last signals
don't get sent (which is why the original version has a delay as an argument).

   I posted an upddated version a couple of months or so ('digibox') along
with a script ('skychannel') to monitor changing the channel
'single-threadedly' and turning off after a while.  I'll see if I can google
an archive link before I post this.

   FWIW, I've started updating the script at home to make use of an ivtvctl
command that states whether there is sane input (so I know whether to send a
power-on+sleep at start-up or just a channel-change).

   Also, I've just got into parsing the output of mthbackend's /xml status
output to see if there's a recording;  I plan to poll every 5 mins. in the
future and turn the Sky box off when inactive instead of simply 'after 4 hours'.

my stuff:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/144069?do=post_view_threaded#144069

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature