[mythtv-users] Trouble getting Fedora?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Nov 15 20:37:29 EST 2005

> 	I decided to give up on KnoppMyth (for reasons
> discussed earlier) and try
> FC4 with Jaro(e?)d's guide, but I'm having a helluvatime
> getting an FC4
> that passes the media test. I've donwloaded the discs via
> BitTorrent, then
> FTPed them from Fedora, and I'm getting discs that look good, that
> boot--the torrent one even installs beautifully*--but that
> when FC checks
> them, says they don't pass the media check. I just cracked

I had problems with the iso images from several ftp sites the last time I
made a set of disks. I ened up trying several differeent sites before
getting them from a european site. Your download should pass a md5 checksum
test, if not check another site. Or it could be like another poster said,
slow down the recorder and dont verify the disk.

Good luck!