[mythtv-users] xmltv questions - the finer points

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 09:00:08 EST 2005

Got my system up and running but am trying to get my head around the
finer points of XMLTV.  I did a full channel scan and all is well. I
have my .xmltv file with the stations I want and run the
mythfilldatabase script (I am using the UK Alternative/radio times
grabber).    It populated the guide but created a load of duplicate
channels with slightly different names (i.e. there are 3 with a id of
3, one is called ITV3 and the other have numbers as their name.

I know I need to add xmltv codes and was in fact quite surprised it
did anything without them.  So I guess my question is when does the
grabber create channels and what are the finer points of xmltv
configuration that are needed to stop this?

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of