[mythtv-users] Europe(Denmark) Offline program download - How to do it?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 05:40:14 EST 2005

> At the moment I don't have net connection for my MythTV station.
> When I set the box up I had it connected to the net so channel setup
> and everything is up and running,
> but how do I download the xml file from the program provider (TV2 in
> Denmark) and how do I do a mythfilldatabase on the file afterwards?
> Where do I find the URL to dowload?

You need to get hold of a "grabber" for Denmark. Typically it would be
called something like tv_grab_dk. I just had a quick look and there is
one in /usr/bin on my FC3/ATRPMs installation so you're probably in
luck.

1) So now you run that, create a config file and get it all working so
it downloads the TV guide in XMLTV format.

2) Then run mythfilldatabase with a command like this to load into the database:
$ mythfilldatabase --file 1 7 /home/mythtv/.xmltv/yourxmlistings.xml

Obviously replace "yourxmlistings.xml" with the appropriate file name.

You can set the grabber and mythfilldatabase commands to run once a
day in a cron job.

Regards,
Phill