[mythtv-users] I Messed up Myth's menu-how to fix?

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 21:10:25 EST 2005

On 11/13/05, Robert Lundy <robert.lundy at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, somehow I have managed to select opyions that have caused the main menu
> screen (watch TV, etc.) to be displayed side to side instead of up and down,
> using the minimalist wide theme.  Whats really weird is that it won't scroll
> to the "Setup/Utilities" item so I can go in and fix whatever I screwed up
> when I was playing with the appearance section.
>
> Is there a config file somewhere that I can go into to get back to another
> theme?  This is with myth 0.18.1.
>
> This was a new install on my laptop (dual boot) to use as another frontend.
> Every thing is working decently but I need to fine tune some things.  I've
> tried a yum remove mythtv-suite then a yum install mythtv-suite.  But
> apparently yum doesn't remove all the files because the same messed up menu
> came up after the reinstall.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Connect to your mysql database from a terminal on your backend:
$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

Check your settings, change HOSTNAME to the hostname of your laptop:
mysql> select * from settings where value = 'Theme' and hostname = 'HOSTNAME'

Change your theme to something more useable:
mysql> update settings set data = 'Blue' where value = 'Theme' and
hostname = 'HOSTNAME';

Exit the frontend, if it's open, and restart mythfrontend. It should
be using the default Blue theme now.

Josh