[mythtv-users] Nuvexport problems ffmpeg finishes immediately.

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Nov 13 02:21:18 EST 2005

> If I strip the '-hq' option then I get a more reasonable error (because
> the fifo is empty) but at least it accepts all of the command line
> arguments.

empty fifo means you didn't start mythtranscode.

> It looks like the mjpegtools people are innocent this time?  In any
> case, it might not be a bad idea if mythtranscode checked the process
> exit status of ffmpeg and threw an error back to nuvexport so it could
> end noisily.

Mythtranscode doesn't talk to ffmpeg -- nuvexport is what sets up the
two processes.  nuvexport *does* check for ffmpeg errors.  If it's not
trapping them, I need someone to email me the error so I can add it in.
  So far, I haven't seen it NOT trap any of the errors you're listing.

-Chris