[mythtv-users] No sound with DVD playback

Daniel Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Sun Nov 13 00:06:14 EST 2005

This is what I do. The 350 audio out goes into my sound card, and the
sound card outputs go into my TV (analog out) and receiver (digital
out). MythTV is set up to output via analog, so it sends TV sound
straight to the TV. I play DVDs via xine, which I have configured to
send sound out via the digital output, which is then decoded by my
receiver (Dolby Digital, etc.)

Daniel