[mythtv-users] No sound with DVD playback
Bennett Leve
bleve at nightmare.com
Sat Nov 12 19:39:39 EST 2005
Mike,
I tried to use the command line like you have below. I did upgrade the
ivtvdev_drv.o to 0.10.6. I am assuming this has xv support.
When I run the command I get in the bugreport file:
video_out_xv: Xv extension is present but I couldn't find a usable yuv12
port.
Looks like your graphics hardware driver doesn't support Xv?!
main: video driver <xv> failed
Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/12/05 19:04, Bennett Leve wrote:
>
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>
>>> The audio's not coming out of your PVR-350 because the PVR-350 isn't
>>> decoding the DVD. Therefore, you should route the PVR-350's audio
>>> out through your soundcard and route the soundcard to your audio
>>> receiver. Then, when mplayer plays your DVD (although, really, you
>>> probably should be using xine for DVD's to get the menu support) and
>>> outputs sound through the sound card, you get audio without
>>> switching connections.
>>>
>>> If you don't want audio to go through your sound card, you can use
>>> an IR transmitter to tell your audoi receiver to switch inputs and
>>> waste a remote button on switching inputs and have to remember to
>>> switch inputs when appropriate. Or, you could apply patches to
>>> mplayer/xine to support DVD playback through the PVR-350, but the
>>> patches introduce some significant issues in sync and you'll get
>>> much better results using Xv and your sound card.
>>
>>
>> Thanks, that explains it very well. I need to work on the xine
>> thing. It is very choppy and I have not figured out how to correct
>> it yet.
>
>
> Make sure you have Xv support (i.e. install John Harvey's ivtvdev
> driver for X) and use
>
> xine -V xv --no-splash --auto-play=fhq --auto-scan dvd
>
> Mike
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list