[mythtv-users] nvidia opengl problem

Tj htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Thu Nov 10 23:36:20 EST 2005

dave sailer wrote:

>I have used mythtv for a couple of years and always had a problem with
>mythfrontend crashing after the second time playing back live/recorded
>content. I finally fixed it based on following this thread...
>
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/101276?search_string=mythfrontend%20killed%20second;#101276
>
>this  suggests recompiling mythtv without opengl. This fixed my crashing
>but then mythgallery would no longer work.  I'm assuming this is because
>mythgallery actually requires opengl. However I thought I only affected
>mythtv with my recompile. Is there anyway I can compile mythtv without
>opengl and still get mythgallery to work?

Not sure if this is related to your problem, but I used to experience
random crashing with OpenGL.. Turns out someone (probably me when I
upgrade xorg) overwrite /usr/lib/libGL* with non NVidia compatible libs.

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      21 Nov  3 16:51 libGLcore.so.1 ->
libGLcore.so.1.0.7676*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 7794936 Nov  3 16:51 libGLcore.so.1.0.7676*
-rw-r--r--  1 root root     653 Nov  3 16:51 libGL.la
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      10 Nov  3 16:51 libGL.so -> libGL.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      17 Nov  3 16:51 libGL.so.1 ->
libGL.so.1.0.7676*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  518220 Nov  3 16:51 libGL.so.1.0.7676*

Your /usr/lib/libGL* files should look something like this (I'm using
the 7676 drivers). If it already does, then my solution probably doesn't
work for you.

Regards,
Tj