[mythtv-users] scheduled recordings yield occasional oddball
Don Lesniakowski
donles at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 11:32:07 EST 2005
I'm running Mythtv ver 0.18.1.20050523-1 with FC4 on an Dell Intel P4.
I run a scheduled recording (Letterman) M-F and automatically transcode.
Problem is that there is almost always a recording of the five weekly that
is between 37 and 38 minutes in length versus the norm of 60 minutes. I
haven't tracked it closely enough to be sure but it seems to always be
either the Thursday or Friday show that is short.
Here is something odd (to me), Nautilus file browser lists all recorded
shows as nuv documents. If I highlight over one of these odd recordings, the
file type changes from nuv document to MPEG video. File size is 1.4GB,
normal is usually a little less, say 1.2GB. I ran this file through Avidemux
thinking that maybe I'd see the lost content but did not. However I did
check the file properties and found that the odd file is different from the
normal files.
Under Codec4cc the "short" file is MPEG while a normal recording is XVID
"short" file audio bitrate is 48000 bps/384kbps normal file is 16000
bps/128kbps
Any idea what is happening?
Thanks
Don Lesniakowski
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20051109/688f1425/attachment.htm
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list