[mythtv-users] Long term stability?

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Tue Nov 8 17:33:34 EST 2005

Does anyone have a backend that runs for a week or more under reasonably
heavy use?  By run, I mean with no manual intervention or cron jobs
resetting things/etc.  I still have to occasionally do
a /etc/init.d/mythbackend restart although I'm not quite sure why...

If people do, perhaps a few could give their

1) PVR hardware
2) Motherboard chipset
3) Kernel version
4) IVTV version.
5) Firmware version?
6) System Memory

and, well, anything else they think relevant to stability.

Actually, I wonder if there is a database anywhere of such things, or if
such a thing would be useful.  If nothing else, this might give someone
a bit of guidance when putting together a system.