[mythtv-users] Absolute NEWBIE, question about Linux

Steve Pugh stevepugh at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 21:52:17 EST 2005

Hi Aaron, welcome to the asylum ;-)

As a relative Linux neophyte myself, one suggestion I
can make is to keep a notebook of the things you come
across.  You will likely need to repair your MySQL
database, and you might find the requisite commands
through a search of a forum somewhere, but when/if it
happens again three months down the road, it's a lot
easier to have that command within arm's reach.

I can only speak to my learning experience, but things
*do* stick after a while.  If you're a computer
fanatic as you indicated, this probably won't be as
frustrating for you as it has been for me and others.

Oh, and if you want to offer constructive criticism of
your favorite Linux-based PVR system, try to keep your
emails under nine pages and keep in mind that human
beings will be reading them.  Don't ask, it's a long
story  ;-)

Best,
   Steve