[mythtv-users] dvb channel data into myth.

Frank Simorjay franks at simorjay.com
Sun Nov 6 17:13:34 EST 2005

Actually,
Ffrr, thanks so very much for the help.
I have been using R5A22 and have since become quite concerned about the
outstanding 'bugs'. Regardless I agree that the scrip I mentioned (which is
included with R5A22) may be the culprit or buggy? Not sure what.
That does not exclude the fact that I was looking for a file format that has
been very elusive. And ffrr was kind to at least get me a 'working' sample
to review.

This to all involved. As much as I love the Myth product, not having common
points of reference can be really a downer. It doesn't matter what the tool
I'm using (who knows maybe I hacked something up myself.)
What sucks is that I would get an error importing the file, with no exit
error, or explanation. So I'm not sure why it fails.

Digging around for sample files format info. Has also been frustrating. It
seems that if you need a file it would be nice to know what the fields are
expected for it to succeed?

I'm sure this message will get some fired up. It should not. Docs always
trail product/dev.

It's Just life.

Seems to be that once an 'average' user gets a Myth box up, they probably
stop supporting the community...and that's just fact.
EG. I posted several question to the PCHD group, and no replies .Let alone
no new posts in a while. Odds are there are all sitting back enjoying their
MythBox. The problem well gone.

As a user. I wish I could return contributions to the group.

Thanks again.

PS I'm starting from scratch, building from ground up. I guess I need to see
how all the pieces work together to be able to bitch from now on.