[mythtv-users] MythTV on Xebian

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Sun Nov 6 03:54:01 EST 2005

Just to save some wasted effort for anyone who may be lurking here and
thinking of putting MythTV on a Xebian XBox -- don't.

The repository at nerim.net was the "official" source for Myth packages
for Xebian, but they have deleted all of the stable branch and now only
have unstable.  The unstable packages are incompatible with even the
most recent version of Xebian.  This means that the only way to get
Myth running on an XBox is to download sources from SVN and compile
your own or find an alternate source for 0.18.1-2 packages (in which
case, PLEASE tell the rest of us where to get them).

Of course, the XBox isn't the only platform that's suffering.  The
"nuvexport" script is fatally broken on the back end, and my other
Debian frontend locks up solid if I try to play anything through Myth,
although mplayer works perfectly for the stuff I managed to transcode
before the Myth repository was "upgraded" to its current borked state.

(If I seem a little frustrated, it's because I am.)