[mythtv-users] Fedora 4 hostname / database question

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 23:44:59 EST 2005

On 05/11/05, David Wallace <dwallace at landsouth.net> wrote:
> Also, the X11 enviroment variable DISPLAY is getting set to
> localhost:10.0 obvious typo I have made somewhere. I have grepped thru
> everywhere I can think of looking for where this is set to no avail.
> Anyone know where it is set?

If you are connecting through SSH, and you have "X11 Forwarding"
enabled, the SSH session will have a DISPLAY of "Localhost:10", which
then gets piped through SSH to your local machine for display of
X-apps there. I'd make sure you're looking at a shell on the main
display itself to test what your "DISPLAY" variable is set to.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston