[mythtv-users] X Error: BadMatch - You likely won't get any video

tgate tgate at mypublic.net
Sat Nov 5 11:46:26 EST 2005

>> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
>>
>> I'm pretty sure it's due to the dual-headed display because it
>> only happens
>> when I point my frontend to display 0:1. I have the following
>> datapoints:
>
> The problem is, the NVidia drivers only support overlays on the first
> display. If you have the TV-Out as :0.0 and the VGA as :0.1, this will
> solve the problem for the TV-out, but using a NVidia display (As with
> most others) you can only display the Overlay (That is, XV or XVMC) on
> one of your two heads.

Robert (or anyone in the know),
Could you elaborate please on how to set TV-Out as :0.0 and VGA as :
0.1 ?

I use to have a system that didn't show this error, however after a
fresh new install I get the error and no video.  I'm familiar with
setting the DISPLAY variable to :0.0 but don't know what you're
referring to with regard to TV-Out and VGA.

Thanks.