[mythtv-users] Skip forward doesn't work correctly anymore

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Sat Nov 5 07:16:48 EST 2005

> My problem only occurs after transcoding; the original recordings
> still play fine (I save the originals, if I "mv <xx>.nuv.old <xx>.nuv"
> the originals play fine.)
>
> Sorry I don't have a solution... but I'm curious to see if we
> at least have the same problem.

I too have similar problems. They started after upgrading from 0.16 to
0.18.1.
They only happen when I use transcoding to cut out commercials from MPEG4
recordings.
The recordedmarkup table gets corrupted and apparently something goes wrong
with the NUV file too.
I can fix the recordedmarkup table, so that FF works fast again, but when I
fastforward I get a mixture of the original frame with square blocks of the
new frame and after a second it clears up.
I have stopped cutting commercials and hope that the problem is fixed in the
next released version.

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl