[mythtv-users] FC3 DVB driver installed in kernel?

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Nov 4 14:31:28 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 07:51:33 -0500, A JM wrote:

I did an install from Jarods guide and want to add a Nexus-s card to my
system. Can anyone tell me if the DVB drivers are installed in the Kernel
already or do I need to do an install for them seperately or recompile the
Kernel, I'm currently running FC3 2.6.12-1.1372?
 Also, is there a "how-to" posted anywhere in getting a DVB card going
with
Myth?
 Thanks.
 AJM,

I seem to remember that the first kernel with the dvb drivers installed is
2.6.12-1.1524 or so.

Might be just as easy to download a new kernel ( I'm using 2.6.13.4, up
from the 2.6.11xxx of the install discs). You also get to configure it
properly for the dvb modules you want (make menuconfig etc.)

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638