[mythtv-users] A few comments / ideas on editing MPEG2 material, asynch AV streams and mastering to DVD

Darksoul darksoul71 at gmx.de
Wed Nov 2 13:55:00 EST 2005

Hi Nick,

>What does strike me as quite odd, having used F/OSS
>software for some and becoming accustomed to the fact
>that bugs are fixed sooner rather than later, is that the
>problems that Cuttermaran/Project solve have
>not yet been implemented yet in the Linux-based tools.
I second that. I mean: Why not using what is already there ?
ProjectX might be nice and platform indipendent but it
still lacks the frame-based cutting of Cuttermaran.

The integration of Cuttermaran could be as simple as I mentioned.
1) Generate a cutlist in the following format from a shell script using
the cutting data (which I guess MythTV provides).

This is a typical cutting file Cuttermaran expects:<?xml version="1.0"
standalone="yes"?>
<StateData xmlns="http://cuttermaran.kickme.to/StateData.xsd">
  <usedVideoFiles FileID="0" FileName="D:\video\test.mpv" />
  <usedAudioFiles FileID="0" FileName="D:\video\test.mp2" />
  <usedAudioFiles FileID="1" FileName="D:\video\test.ac3" />
  <CutElements refVideoFile="0" StartPosition="35" EndPosition="155">
    <cutAudioFiles refAudioFile="0" />
    <cutAudioFiles refAudioFile="1" />
  </CutElements>
  <CurrentFiles refVideoFiles="0">
    <currentAudioFiles refAudioFiles="0" />
    <currentAudioFiles refAudioFiles="1" />
  </CurrentFiles>
  <CmdArgs OutFile="D:\video\xyz" cut="true" unattended="true"
snapToCutPoints="true" closeApp="true" />
</StateData>2) Launch Cuttermaran inside Wine with the generated XML
list.All could be done within a simple shell script. Of course using Wine to
run Cuttermaran on Windows is notvery elegant but it could work.Later,D$