[mythtv-users] A few comments / ideas on editing MPEG2 material, asynch AV streams and mastering to DVD

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:02:59 EST 2005

On 02/11/05, Darksoul <darksoul71 at gmx.de> wrote:
>  Hi list,
>
> I hope that ideas and comments from a Windoze user are accepted here in the
> list. <ggg>

When I posted back in May about using Cuttermaran and ProjectX
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/129196) the list
seemed to be. I use whatever gets the job done. Period.

What does strike me as quite odd, having used F/OSS software for some
and becoming accustomed to the fact that bugs are fixed sooner rather
than later, is that the problems that Cuttermaran/Project solve have
not yet been implemented yet in the Linux-based tools. As you mention
the code for Cuttermaran is available under the GPL, I'd imagine this
its MPEG2 algorithms are a strong candidate for porting. As more
video-based gizmos like the Video Ipod are released I can see the need
for suitable software only growing.

Nick