[mythtv-users] Manual Scheduling - bug?

James Angi jamesangi at cox.net
Wed Nov 2 12:24:08 EST 2005

Bruce Markey wrote:
 > This is a feature not a bug. For many things it is valid and preferred
I thought it might be. I can see the value in having every weekday and
every weekend options.

 > Setting the "Date or day of the week:" to Sat or Sun is a convenient
way to make this distinction. This is
 > quite intuitive as others like yourself had no problem figuring out
how it works then chose to ask if it was a bug.
I disagree, this is not intuitive at all. I know plenty of people who I
would encourage to use Myth that find digital
cable boxes daunting, never mind a PVR like Myth. Every day should mean
Every day.
I missed a weekend of recordings because I wasn't aware of this feature.
Even a line in the manual wouldn't have helped, I only use the manual
for technical questions.  Myth is usually intuitive
enough that reading the manual for something as simple as scheduling a
recording isn't necessary.
I would suggest different scheduling options. "Every weekend" and "every
weekday" are possibly additions.
There might be a better way, but anything that signals to the user that
the existing "every day" option has two meanings
would vastly improve this features intuitiveness.

Thanks,
James Angi