[mythtv-users] How do I removed existing mysql database and start over?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue May 31 22:46:30 UTC 2005

On 5/31/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> And, finally, I'm starting to get the idea that you can't log in as root
> at all.  If so, take Adam's advice--log in with the privilege system
> disabled and reset passwords/privileges. (For a more detailed
> description, see
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/resetting-permissions.html .)  BTW,
> try logging in as root without a password (i.e. "mysql -u root")--that's
> the MySQL default--just in case.
>
> HTH.
> Mike

Thanks. Don;t blame yourself. I write stuff and think it's clear. It
probably wasn't. Yes, I just want to get it working again so my
parents can use it. It's difficult for me as I'm 350 miles away from
the machines.

I hadn't found this specific page. I seemed to be always reading about
ACCESS DENIED causes, etc. This looks like a good option. I'll give
this a try.

I presume there MUST be a way to completely blow the database away
though, correct? It's just a file or set of files somewhere? (WHERE?)
;-) I'd rather not, and this new page seems like a good way to just
get working again. This question is more for my education. I'd rather
not do this but I'm willing to if it's required to get things going
again.

Thanks so much,
Mark