[mythtv-users] Tweaks to playback HDTV

Jean Connelly unksme at gmail.com
Tue May 31 22:21:22 UTC 2005

Hi Preston,

Regarding:
> Settings include: use xvmc, audio buffering, and use video for timebase
> (by memory--I don't remember exactly how they're phrased).
>
> Without the extra audio buffering, things stuttered when playing PVR-250
> streams.  Without the timebase option, HDTV stuttered, even though the
> CPU was mostly idle.

With the timebase option on, I do get more consistent playback.  It
stutters, but at least I don't loose the audio altogether.   Where
should I adjust audio buffers?

> With xvmc, I'm usually at something like 60% idle according to top.

Is it playable without the xvmc (without deinterlacing)?  I also play
to upgrade my video card, but I'd like to get as much out of the
current system as possible.

Thanks!
Jean