[mythtv-users] Re: New MCE 2005 Remote

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Tue May 31 18:40:43 UTC 2005

On 5/31/05, Cenk Ozkan <cenk at empyre.org> wrote:
> Sorry guys,
>
> Here is my email to Martin.
>
> Cenk Ozkan wrote:
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > I am trying your mceusb driver for my Media Centre 2005 remote and am
> > having intermittend failures. My setup is as follows:
> >
> > Fedora Core 3  ( 2.6.11-1.14_FC3smp)
> > Followed Jarod Wilsons guide initially to set everything up including
> > getting Axel Thimms rpm's for everything. Since then I have manually
> > compiled Xine followed by IVTV and now LIRC to get my MCE remote going.
> >
> > I am using lirc 0.7.0 from source and your
> > http://blatter.com/mceusb/mceusb.0.22-20050521.tar.bz2 file, I have
> > also tried http://blatter.com/mceusb/mceusb.0.21-20050401.tar.bz2 both
> > with same results. Here is what happens:
> >
> > All compiles and install's fine , I followed your instructions
> > religiously. After first installation I reboot and everything works
> > perfectly. I use irw to capture the keypresses and mythtv runs great
> > with it. Then I reboot and it stops working. Irw still waits for
> > keypresses (ie no error) but keypresses no longer show up and mythtv
> > also doesnt work. If I keep restarting the system (after about 3-4
> > times) it all works again ?? What is it doing, I cant see anything in
> > /var/log/messages, is there a workaround ?
> >
> > Please help.
> >
> > BTW great work getting this damn remote working. Thanks.
> >
> > Regards
> > Cenk

I'm having this exact problem with a Philips MCE 2005 remote on my
Pundit-R.  I tried turning off the computer and unplug the power, no
help!  I'm so tired of this Pundit-R, causing me so much trouble:

1. this remote problem (there was no problem before on my full-size
Dell desktop).
2. the ATI Xvideo problem with 1080i--Pink stripe on the right of the screen.
3. IRQ/DMA issues with PVR-500MCE--Machine hangs frequently.

I'll give it another chance after FC4 comes out.  If these problems
persist, I'll switch it with my desktop, which is slower (P4 2.4 GHz
vs. P4 3 GHz HT on my Pundit-R), but at least fully functional.

Xiaotian