[mythtv-users] New MCE 2005 Remote

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Tue May 31 14:58:22 UTC 2005

James,

I also have a new style MCE2005 remote  There are several different
vendors that provide these remotes, so I sent in an extra vendor ID
for my remote to the person who did the patch allowing MCE2005
remote's drivers to be built.  His patch hasn't actually hit the lirc
patches because it apparantly can't coexist with the MCE2004 remote
driver.

Now, I ran into the same blockade you did that it semi works, but not
nearly enough to be satisfactory.  What did you do about it?  I was
told to try a pre-emptive kernel, but that just jeopardized the
stability of my AMD64 system pretty badly.  Did you find something
else that works?

Mario