[mythtv-users] nvidia card on a budget suggestions

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue May 31 17:58:38 UTC 2005

Well, I just bought an MSI FX5200-TD128 (i.e. nvidia FX5200) and I am
quite disappointed by it.

Indeed the color is much more sharp than my G400 was.  The G400 was very
dull and washed out.

But the picture (when playing recorded content/live tv) does not go
anywhere near filling the 720x480 that I am running my X display at.
The OSD goes quite far to the edges of the screen (although I want some
overscan, I'm not getting it), but when I play content, there are large
black bars to the left and right of the picture and it looks
"squished"/tall.

If I toggle the display mode (pressuably to 640x480) while playing
content it comes much closer to filling the screen but then going back
to the OSD, it's off the right and left edges.

My content is definitely being recorded at 720x480 during live tv
display but even still, same issues with borders at the sides and a tall
squished (not overly so, but noticeable) picture.

b.