[mythtv-users] Re: New MCE 2005 Remote

Cenk Ozkan cenk at empyre.org
Tue May 31 17:47:27 UTC 2005

All,

Thanks for all the replies. I am experiencing exactly the same problem, it
works sometimes and I am using the blatter.com driver. I have mailed Martin
Blatter for some help, here is his response. I tried what he suggested but
no joy my end. I hope he doesn't mind being pasted here but I thought it
might give someone ideas on how to fix it.

----------------------

Hi Cenk

I have a similar problem in 1 out of 20 cases with my Shuttle XPC. The only
thing that helps is switching off the PC, turning off power completely by
unplugging the power and then turning everything on again.

The USB device is just not recognized by the hardware or the operating
system therefore the driver is not even loaded at all.

Try to issue a "lsmod" if it happens again and check if lirc_dev and
lirc_mceusb are loaded. Check if the Transciever shows up with "lsusb -v".
If it doesn't show up I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done in the
driver - newer kernel version *might* fix this but it could also be a
hardware issue. If lirc_mceusb shows up in lsmod's output, check
/var/log/messages. Try to turn debugging on in /etc/modprobe.conf to get
more ouptout.

regards
Martin