[mythtv-users] Possible help for those experiencing "blue screen" during playback

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue May 31 14:19:38 UTC 2005

Michael,
   I'm having the same problem (blue screen, distorted video) on one
of my machines that uses a PVR-150. I've found that doign rmmod
ivtv;modprobe ivtv by hand after the machine has booted gets the
driver working for me.

   The machine is an up to date Gentoo box using a 2.6.11 kernel and
has run xorg-6.8 for a long time. the machine uses udev. I am
suspecting that something about the way udev sets up at boot time
doesn't agree with the ivtv driver but that's just a guess.

   You (or others) might try the rmmod/modprobe test if necessary.

Cheers,
Mark