[mythtv-users] Network speed.

Mathew Mrosko mythtv at matmrosko.com
Mon May 30 04:24:49 UTC 2005

On Sunday 29 May 2005 09:06 pm, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Hi,
>    I just bought a cheap Netgear 5 port 100Mb switch for <$20 @ Frys.
> Why bother with the old stuff? You don't need a 24-port switch for 3-4
> frontends. You need the little guy I bought.

A) Because I already have it, why buy new, and just throw yet another thing
that could be useful away?  I'm no "tree-hugger" but I hate to throw
something away that will just take up more space in a land-fill somewhere,
especially when it could be useful still.

B) Because already having it is still cheaper than <$20 @ Frys.

C) Because it takes me over 1 1/2 hours to get to the neartest Frys.

:)

(Sorry, I didn't mean to be a dick, the whole reason I posted to the mailing
list wasn't to get "hey, just buy something new" messages...  I could have
easily done that, I was just wondering if it would work with something I
already have.)

-Mat

--
mythtv [at] matmrosko [dot] com