[mythtv-users] Myxer theme available

Dave Hofstra dhofstra at gmail.com
Mon May 30 00:29:54 UTC 2005

I was impressed with the MythCenter theme (
http://www.fotoniq.nl/projects/mythtv/) that was being discussed on this
mailing list a few days ago. I was very impressed with the bright colors,
and I liked alot of the watermarks and such.

Upon loading it on my HDTV, I realized that I much preferred the way
Titivillus fit more menus on the screen, and how Titivillus had larger
icons. I also prefer the photographic icons in Titivilus (I am probably
biased here because I made the photo icons for Titivillus :)

So, I spent a few hours trying to mix the best elements of Titivillus and
MythCenter, and it looked pretty darn nice! I just decided to make it a new
theme because I am so happy with the way it looks.

I certainly didnt write any of the theme code (other than making the photo
icons), so much respect goes out to J. Donavan Stanley and Jeroen Brosens
for their hard work on Titivillus and MythCenter!

Since it is just a 'mix' of the two great themes mentioned above, I decided
I would call it 'Myxer'. If anyone enjoys it and has ideas of other
items/ideas that can by myxed into it, I'd love to give it a try! I might
just keep this theme up as a constant myx of my favorite elements from all
the open-source themes!

Anyway, check it out here, and download it to your mythtv/themes directory.
Enjoy!

http://lisadaveh.home.comcast.net/myxer/

Thanks,

Dave Hofstra