[mythtv-users] Pvr 350 Svideo/Comp Inputs: Can I use them?

Leigh lsaunderson at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 29 21:34:56 UTC 2005

Nick wrote:

>They're quite useful actually! I record all of my cableTV through the
>Svideo input, and it's also useful for temporarily hooking up a VCR to
>make nice MPEG2 recordings of old tapes. Here in the UK, I only get
>the basic 5 channels through the tuner, so the extra inputs makes the
>card actually worth having!
>
>Very straightforward to setup in myth - you just need to know which
>ivtv input matches the compositive or SVideo input on the card and
>you're away.

Nick, you can get 'some' of the cable channels direct of the cable coax
if you get hold of an adapter to convert it to a normal aerial (sorry, I
forget the actual socket types right now, I already had one from the
initial cable installation as I didn't have a SCART capable TV at the time)

I had it setup that way initially, but the normal terrestrial channels
weren't good quality (while the cable channels were fine - go figure!)

You might also find that you can get one or two channels that you don't
get unless subscribed (I got sky sports3 clear as anything, pity I
didn't really want it!)