[mythtv-users] Pvr 350 Svideo/Comp Inputs: Can I use them?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun May 29 21:26:12 UTC 2005

On 5/29/05, Michael Haan <michael.haan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm just wondering if these are useful at all.  Was thinking that if
> they could be used to frame capture, then maybe I could use them with
> STB to get HBO into myth.

They're quite useful actually! I record all of my cableTV through the
Svideo input, and it's also useful for temporarily hooking up a VCR to
make nice MPEG2 recordings of old tapes. Here in the UK, I only get
the basic 5 channels through the tuner, so the extra inputs makes the
card actually worth having!

Very straightforward to setup in myth - you just need to know which
ivtv input matches the compositive or SVideo input on the card and
you're away.

Nick