[mythtv-users] EPG data from DVB(-T)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun May 29 15:49:14 UTC 2005

In message <200505291641.00977.stuart at tase.co.uk>
          Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:

> The radiotimes covers 14 days vs 7 days for the broadcast EPG. The
> broadcast  EPG also lacks ratings/reviews for films and category data.
> Overall the  program descriptions available from the Radiotimes xmltv
> grabber are better  too.

In some ways the fact that the radiotimes data sometimes has enhanced
descriptions for shows is a downside though, since it is typically only
the first showing where there replace the broadcasters description with
either own when then prevents Myth finding repeats automatically.

That and the fact that you normally only get the enhanced description
at the last minute - a day or so before it airs - which can suddenly
introduce a conflict that wasn't there before because a show had been
deferred to a later repeat which no longer matches. I had that happen
last weekend - there were no conflicts on Friday when I went away but
by Sunday a description had changed and introduced one which caused me
to miss something.

I'm still using it mostly for the 14 day coverage but I'm certainly
considered switching to the EPG to get better description stability.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/