[mythtv-users] mythfrontend freeze when accessing Watch Recordings

Steven C. Brown steve at referentia.com
Sun May 29 09:13:26 UTC 2005

Aloha,

This might be a frustrating question (and bare with me, it's my first
post to the board).

I am currently running .18.1 on FC3.

I have been using MythTV quite successfully for a couple of months
now.  I am not the strongest Linux swimmer, but was pretty successful
with Jarod's HOWTO.  I decided to go a little crazy and install
mythstreamtv.  This requires (as I understand it) that you configure
and install vlc and ffmpeg.

I successfully installed these, but along the way, something bad
happened:

When I go to the Watch Recording screens, the boxes which contain the
information are drawn, but then everything freezes and the machine no
longer accepts input.  mythbackend, however continues to run, and I
can ssh into the machine, but mythfrontend locks anything else up.  I
apologize for not having more concise information about installing
vlc and ffmpeg.  And really, that may not have anything to do with my
problem.

I hope someone can help, lest I wipe it all and start again!

Thanks,
Steve