[mythtv-users] MythTV - Xbox - Xebian - black screen - bad

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat May 28 18:50:08 UTC 2005

Hi,
   I set up an XBox/Xebian machine for a frontend at my parent's
house. When the machine hasn't been used in a while and you switch the
TV from TV to video you only get a black screen. If you then hit a
specific key Myth will wake up safely and work fine. Unfortunately
though it seems that some of the keys on the XBox remote may cause
Myth to crash when waking up from this black screen.

   Question - we don't need any screensaver function on this Myth
frontend. We will just turn the TV off. What feature of either MythTV
or X is causing the screen to go black and how do I turn this off so
that the screen is always on when people turn on the TV?

Thanks,
Mark