[mythtv-users] Timeshift cures Jitter in 18.0

Paul Bender pbender at qualcomm.com
Sat May 28 14:14:48 UTC 2005

Simon Bailey wrote:
> I am using 18.0 with a normal TV as the sole monitor.  When watching
> live TV, I am experiencing occasional jitter in the video.  Going into
> timeshift mode, just pausing for two seconds and then continuing,
> results in perfectly smooth video.  Is this a bug?  Any suggestions?

I have the same problem (and solution) with a FC3 backend and a MiniMyth
(EPIA SP8000E) frontend. In addition, it appears that over a long period
of time, the playback catches up. Therefore, I think that the playback
is slightly faster than the input (maybe the difference between 60Hz and
59.94Hz). If this is the case, then it might explain the stuttering.
However, I have not looked onto it in detail.